Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Winter Sports and Tryouts Now in Session

With Thanksgiving over and the Holiday Season looming, that means one thing at BHS, Winter Sports. This week is the first week of the Winter Sports season. Beginning on Monday, with tryouts for Basketball and Boy's Hockey. The other sports during the winter which include Wrestling, Girl's Hockey, Gymnastics, Track, and Men's Swimming began their practices Monday. We've recently asked students about their thoughts on the upcoming winter season. Here is what they said:


What are you looking forward to this winter season?
  1. Steven Giampapa (Varsity Wrestling): I'm looking forward to the new team that possesses the wrestling room this year. We got a couple of pickups, and the room is filled with much more kids than last year. We got some freshman, as well as a couple of seniors to join the team. It's always better when the team is bigger, and I can't wait for what this year has to bring.
  2. Mike Ackerman (JV Basketball): I am looking forward to the team this year. Mostly, its the same kids from last year and I believe we are going to have a great season. 
  3. Mickey Lyons (Varsity Basketball): I am looking forward to the season. A lot of good players are back on the roster and its looking like we should have a good team. I'm looking forward to the games.
  4. Willie Harris (JV Basketball): I'm looking forward to a great season of basketball. I'm a returning JV player, so I know how things work. My goals are to be called up to varsity, or to be a Captain on JV. There are a bunch of new faces on the team, some kids i've never even played with before. I'm excited to see what this season has to offer. I hope we have a great, successful season.
As the players themselves have stressed, they look forward to not just enjoying the season but making it a successful season. There isn't any other way it can be at BHS. But win or lose, the Devils come out strong and inspire younger athletes who will be BHS athletes in the future. God luck to all athletes this winter season and GO DEVILS!

No comments:

Post a Comment